Cinnaminson Baseball Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
CINNAMINSON BASEBALL CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to ensure that the principles of sportsmanship, fair play, skill development, and mutual respect among players, coaches, officials, and spectators are the primary considerations governing competition in Cinnaminson Baseball, the following Code of Conduct has been established.
Each COACH will ensure that his/her conduct sets examples for team members and spectators. To satisfactorily meet these responsibilities, the COACH is expected to:
1. Know the rules and abide by them. Instruct the players in the rules and motivate each player to compete according to the rules at all times.
2. Respect the game officials. Refrain from questioning their decisions in a hostile or abusive manner.
3. Ensure that all field rules and regulations are followed by all players and spectators
4. Ensure that fans of his/her team exhibit sportsmanship and maturity at all times and assist league & game officials in maintaining control of spectators during games.
5. Respect the coaches and players of the opposing team during the play of the game and at its conclusion.
6. Take appropriate steps to minimize scoring in runaway games.
7. Teach each player, especially through personal example, to be humble and generous in victory and proud and courteous in defeat.
8. Maintain control of his/her emotions and avoid actions, language, and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile and humiliating.
9. Instruct team support personnel (e.g., assistant coaches, scorekeepers, and timekeepers) in their responsibilities as prescribed by rules & procedures.
10. Realize, accept, and practice the principle that a team's reputation is built not only on its playing ability but also on its sportsmanship, courtesy, and manner.
1. Know and respect the rules of the game.
2. Show respect and courtesy to officials and coaches by following their instructions and directions with courtesy.
3. Respect the game officials and refrain from addressing them or commenting on their decisions during the play of the game. The game captain or his designate may address the officials during the game but only within the provisions of the rules and in a courteous, respectful manner.
4. Maintain control of his/her emotions, avoiding the use of abusive or profane language, taunting or humiliating remarks, and/or gestures and physical assault upon another player at any time.
5. Respect the coaches and players of the opposing team and display sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game
6. Be humble and generous in victory and proud and courteous in defeat.
Parents & Spectators
1. Respect the rules of the game and the league.
2. Abide by the rulings and instructions of all league officials.
3. Show respect and courtesy to officials, coaches and players at all times.
4. Ensure that your child is at all games and practices at the required time or provide the coach with an appropriate excuse beforehand.
5. Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decision or from addressing them in a loud, disrespectful or abusive manner.
6. Cheer for each team in a positive manner, refraining at all times from making negative or abusive remarks about the opposing team.
7. Follow all League & rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others.
8. Demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game win or lose.
9. Follow all League regulations, respecting at all times the property of others.
10. Realize, accept and practice the principle that a team's reputation is built not only on its playing ability but also on its sportsmanship, courtesy and manner.
CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATION OF CODE OF CONDUCT:
Parents/Players/Coaches may be subject to disciplinary action that could include but is not limited to the following:
Verbal warning by official, coach, and/or Commissioner or League President
Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file.
Parental season suspension.
We all understand that a youth sport has a reputation that is not well deserved as the majority of us participate without incident. We as an organization will not tolerate behavior from coaches, players or parents that would contradict our mission statement. Please be conscience of your behavior at all times.